Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Transfers! - April 2


Dear Family and Amigos,
 
So guess what!!!! I am getting transfered! When the assistants called the other night, I might have jumped up and down lol. They were excited to move me! Then I realized that I would be leaving Denver 4th and I got a little sad. I had a hard time sleeping because I was so nervous. So it looks like this is whats going to happen. Still not 100% sure ;)
 
Denver 4th - Hermana Rios and Hermana Griffen
Denver 1st - Me and Hermana Ruiz
Grand Junction - Hermana Thomas and Sister Penley (She is now going to be learning spanish so Hermana Penley) :)
California - Hermana Coughlen :(
 
So we found out on Saturday. I won't lie, I feel like I need a change to help me as a misisonary and to get more excited about everything. Yesterday, it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. The bishop made me want to cry. He said "Maestra" Teacher.....who is going to teach me english now :( I have come to love that man and his wife so much. I was able to take some great pictures and just love the people. Some of them cried and asked me why was that happening. It was hard.
 Veronica and Hilda I believe are the saddest. We met with Hilda yesterday and talked about how to keep her strong so she could get to her baptism. She should be getting baptized in July (So who wants to come visit Denver with me in July?). She ended the lesson with a prayer. She prayed for me. I don't think I have ever felt so much love in a prayer before. I started crying really hard. I just love her so much and can't want to see how the Holy Ghost will change her life. We then met with Armando and Veronica. Veronica was really sad as well. Armando has not had a beer in over a week ;) We went by on Friday (that is usually when he drinks) and watched a movie about President Monson. He said after we left he felt the urge to drink. He remembered why we had come over and decided not to drink. The next day he felt the urge again, but decided to drink lemonade and then the bishop showed up. He was really glad that he had not been drinking. So Hilda and Veronica live in the same house. When the bishop came over, everyone looked at eachother and thought, who is going to answer the door....."You, Hilda. You go to church the most." said Veronica. Lol. So they are all doing good. Veronica and Armando should get married and baptized in June. So I will be able to be there most likely.
I love the people here so much. They are my family. I feel like they are a giant part of my heart. I know that later this week when I realize, I will not be coming back....I will be sad :(
So today my prayers are answered. Yazmin, a LA that we have taught for my whole time here, is having her baby. She is naming it after me ;) I prayed that I would be able to see here. And it looks like I will later today. YAY! BABY!
 
Now Conference!
Was it not amazing. I loved it so much. It answered so many of my questions and even the questions, I didn't know that I have. I learned some thing about myself that was so important. It will affect the rest of my life. I realized this and then all of the other talks just helped me work on this problem. I am so grateful that we have a living prophet. I am so glad that Heavenly Father answers my prayers and the prayers of those we teach. These words are going to help me so much and will help the rest of my mission. .....did everyone hear the one that talked about writing missionaries? Doctrine and Covenants says that whether by my voice or the voice of my servants it is the same......so God told all of you to write me :)
 
One of the best parts of conference, was the little boy sitting next to me. She decided that he was going to take notes because Hermana Espencer takes notes. He wrote at the top of his page "About God" and then drew skigules (~~~~~ I have no idea how to spell that) up and down the page. Geovani has such a big part of my heart.
Yesterday, we were teaching a young LA girl about the importance of prophets. I again felt power come as I said the simple basic truths of the gospel. I love being a missionary so much. I hate knowing that it will end. I feel like this is everything to me. I am excited to go to a new area and meet more people. I am excited to work harder than ever to really help people know the truth. I have never done anything as good as this. It has changed me and continues to change me every day. I love my mission so much. The gospel becomes more and more true everyday.
 
I love you all,
Hermana Espencer

No comments:

Post a Comment