Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Surprise! - Feb 25


Dear wonderful family and friends,
 
Guess What! I am still in Denver 4th. It was a surprise to me....I kinda felt like I needed to leave. Elder Ovalle left to the mountains - he is probably my best missionary friend so :(. So another 6 weeks in Denver.
 
Time is going by so fast. I feel like I can't even tell you what is going on it goes so fast.
 
This last week we witnessed a miracle. We were at WalMart and Hilda called to ask us if we could come over. Her mom wanted to talk to us! Hilda's mom has never been mean to us, but have never given a second of interest. Hilda has been praying and hoping that her mom would listen to us one day. So we went by later that day and met with her. I won't lie....I was super nervous, because I knew how imporant this lesson would be to the family. It went well. I felt the Spirit comfirm the things we said. She also cried and prayed at the end of the lesson. I thought, " How wonderful this must be to Hilda - hearing her mom pray."  I really hope that she will decide to learn more about the things we talked about.
 
So I love being a missionary. I love being able to testify to the people the most important things. Lately, I have felt a little worried. I worry that I won't find the people that I need to. I just feel like I am running out of time. I am trying to work hard and keep focused on the work. I feel like I have to work even harder. A couple of weeks ago, I asked for a blessing because I feel tired. I feel like I don't really sleep and that I just exist sometimes. I really want to have the energy to just give it everything I got. I really feel like the blessing helped me as well. President basically tells me to not worry, because I am doing everything I need to do.
 
This last Sunday, I was directing the hymns. As the sacrament was being passed, I saw a less active that we have helped come back. She was sitting in the front, praying. The Spirit came so strong and I was just filled with joy. I love seeing the change in people. She now has a calling - compasionate service leader. She goes and visits people. She loves them. She loves helping others. She also helps other people we teach by saying, "lets read the scriptures together."  She is such a great example. I love these experiences as a missionary.
 
There are so many things that I have learned. I feel like I appreciate people so much more. I really want to be a great member..... better yet a better person. I just want to help people. I want to help them with everything. I want to get rid of every selfish part of myself. I want to only live for others. I am still trying to figure out how I will do this.
 
Our investigators are progressing really well. I really think that we will see many miracles these coming transfers.
 
 
I am trying to figure out why I am here again. Elder Ovalle shared something with me this week. He just got moved to his new area in Vail. He said his first night there he met a man. This man served in Monterey Mexico (where Elder Ovalle is from). On his mission, he met Elder Ovalle's dad, grandma and grandpa and was able to tell him stories about how they joined the church. Afterwards, he said - I really needed to be in this area. So I know that God puts us in places where we need to be. President Maynes told us to find out why we are in a certain area. So this is something that I am working on as well.
 
I love you all very much. I love the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I know that Prophets are on the earth and that they tell us the things we should do. I know if we ask of God, we shall receive. He loves us and is so aware of everything we are going through. This week, I have been praying very hard. Every night I get on my knees and a quiet love drifts overme. I know that He listens to our prayers.
 
Love your favorite sister missionary,
Hermana Spencer
 
P.S. Family - Write por favor!

No comments:

Post a Comment