Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Miracles Miracles and More Miracles- Jan 23


Dear Family and Friends,
 
Time is going by so fast! This last week was amazing...really amazing.
 
 
I think the most amazing thing that happened this last week was Veronica. Veronica is Hilda's sister. In the past she didn't really like us....like a week agao. She lives with Hilda and sees us a lot. Well the other day Hilda gives us a call saying that Veronica wants to talk to us. We go over right away....duh. We get there and she has so many questions. She was reading about what we believed and wanted to know more. Her grandma recently got baptized and Veronica really looks up to her. She is the one who taught her to believe in God. Her grandma told her that she really hopes that she will look into this and have all the blessings that she has. Veronica has also noticed the difference in Hilda. She wants happiness, with herself and with her family. It was so amazing to see someone want it. The prayers of Hilda's family have been answered. So now we are teaching her and her boyfriend. It was amazing when we taught them the restoration! They even read before :) The Spirit was so powerful, especially as we shared our testimonies of the Book of Mormon. I felt the Spirit tell me that it was true yet again.
 
Also yesterday, we were fasting for many of our investigators. I was just so exited yesterday because Alonso would pass the sacrament for the first time. I was directing the hymns and was sitting in front. Before he was super nervous. When I watched him pass the sacrament, I was so overwhelmed with gratitude. I felt so much love for the people and my Heavenly Father. I felt like every hard second was worth it. Alonso is so sensitive to spiritual things. He gets it. He did such a great job. I just thought of him serving a mission. I know that he will continue to bless people. After church we went to Hilda's house for dinner with the elders. I felt so at home with all of the people I loved. We ate alaphbet soup and spelled our names and we also laughed alot. I just felt like they will always have such a special place in my heart. I cannot tell the story of what happened, but it strengthened my testimony of the priesthood. I am so grateful that I know that it was restored and that we have it today in our lives. I am so grateful for worthy elders who use it. Just miracles keep happening.
 
We also were able to talk to so many people and are really excited to go back and talk to them. I cannot describe the miracles that happened this week.
 
This says it better than I can:
 
Alma 26:16 Therefore, let usaglory, yea, we will glory in the Lord; yea, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel.
 
This is how I feel about my mission. I love it so muh. There are moments where I am so wrapped up in God's love. I just feel it sometimes. Also lately I have been struggling to understand and feel the Spirit. I have always heard of wonderful spiritual experiences, and I have feel like I haven't had a lot of those. So it made me think or I have been thinking something is wrong with me. Then I studied this talk by Elder Bednar this week. The Spirit of Revelation:
President Joseph F. Smith explained how this pattern of revelation occurred in his life: “As a boy … I would frequently … ask the Lord to show me some marvelous thing, in order that I might receive a testimony. But the Lord withheld marvels from me, and showed me the truth, line upon line … , until He made me to know the truth from the crown of my head to the soles of my feet, and until doubt and fear had been absolutely purged from me. He did not have to send an angel from the heavens to do this, nor did He have to speak with the trump of an archangel. By the whisperings of the still small voice of the spirit of the living God, He gave to me the testimony I possess. And by this principle and power He will give to all the children of men a knowledge of the truth that will stay with them, and it will make them to know the truth, as God knows it, and to do the will of the Father as Christ does it. And no amount of marvelous manifestations will ever accomplish this” (in Conference Report, Apr. 1900, 40–41).
In many of the uncertainties and challenges we encounter in our lives, God requires us to do our best, to act and not be acted upon (see 2 Nephi 2:26), and to trust in Him. We may not see angels, hear heavenly voices, or receive overwhelming spiritual impressions. We frequently may press forward hoping and praying—but without absolute assurance—that we are acting in accordance with God’s will. But as we honor our covenants and keep the commandments, as we strive ever more consistently to do good and to become better, we can walk with the confidence that God will guide our steps. And we can speak with the assurance that God will inspire our utterances. This is in part the meaning of the scripture that declares, “Then shall thy confidence wax strong in the presence of God” (D&C 121:45).
So I just have to keep going! I feel like God is helping me know Him in the small ways. I'm learning that He has great trust in me! I love the gospel and I love all of you. I am busier now than at any other point in the mission so sorry about lack of mail! Pictures are coming soon :)

Love you all,
Hermana Spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment