Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Denver - The weather is just like Lubbock

April 4th, 2011

Dear my wonderful friends and FAMILY!

I hope you all know how much I love you all. I hope you all were able to listen to our prophet this weekend.

I wish I had more time to write today. Every zone conference they have car inspections and whoever wins gets an extra 100 miles! So we want this badly. So we cleaned the car and are going down town for some fun with Hermana Thomas and her companion. So expect pictures next week.

Denver is good. It is still hard. We are working hard and some times stressing. The area is so huge. But the thing that I have really been focusing on is the spirit. As missionaries we struggle alot wondering if we are visiting the right people, doing the right things and teaching exactly what they need. I read a talk this morning by Elder Bednard from last conference. We really have to remember Christ to have the spirit with us. When we remember Him we will act and think like Him. I love my companion....I really do. We differ just like any other people. Sometimes God gives me opportunities to choose to be more like His Son....its great right!?! Life is good.

Lately I have really been struggling with Spanish. I think part of it is that I feel like I should know it because I am not a greenie anymore and I am with someone who has a transfer more than I do. However, I do not know everything. Some days it is hard to accept corrections. I want to be good at this, but man I am struggling. I know that it will get better. For the most part I can understand people and I can get my point across and testify. I just can't do it with finesse. The Lord is definitely helping me. One night this last week I had a really hard day. I was praying and I just knew that God loved me and that it was going to be ok. It reminds me a verse in 2 Ne 4. Nephi talks about how the Lord has helped him. He said that he has felt His love even unto the consuming of his flesh. What does this feel like? I think I know a portion of this feeling. Food for thought.

Speaking of food - this week we went to dinner and I just couldn't do it. It wasn't too strange just not great...and it was our second dinner. I hate it when I cannot finish their food.

So Conference! It was ok. Some of the translators I was able to understand more of than others and depending on the topic. Elder Scott and Sister Allred translated their own talks. It was wonderful to hear their voices. It makes me sad that most of the world does not get to hear the voice of President Monson. I really missed hearing their voices. I don't know which one was my favorite - because I didn't understand everything, put I did learn some things. During Elder Holland's talk, when he spoke of the prophet, I really felt the spirit testify to me that we really do have a living prophet. How amazing is it that I am a missionary and can proclaim this to all that I see. This last week we have talked to so many people. I love it. I love knowing that we have something that can help every person here on Earth! I really really love it. It is hard but it is amazing. The gospel is so much more than we are. I love that we can feel the spirit, we can know of our Savior and that we know how we can get back to our Father in Heaven.

Help the missionaries out. Refer your friends.

I love all of you and hope that you know how grateful I am just knowing of your prayers. I still and probably always will love mail!

Love,

Hermana Spencer

P.S. Can someone facebook Kayla and tell her congrats for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment