Thursday, September 30, 2010

T-10 weeks

It has already been a great week! 

I only have less than 10 weeks until I go to Utah. It has been so weird thinking about a mission. I actually know where I am going. I am so excited. Every time some one says something about Denver - I listen closely :) It is odd that it is actually here. 

Anna and I practiced our spanish numbers this week. I really do love her and am so glad that Heavenly Father put her in my life to bless me. She is the Unit Coordinator at work and is just
 so kind. She has actually been investigating the church. 

Tonight I read my whole missionary packet. I am a little bummed on the fact that I can't wear shorts or jeans (my mission specifically), but I know 
that obedience no matter on what it is will bring blessings. It is so nice to be able to hold my call in my hands. It really is the thing that helps me realize its real. Some mornings I have woken up and thought that this is actually not happening. 


I am also getting ready to go to the temple. I am so excited. I have a lot of pondering and studying to do, but I do know that the Lord is here. 

On another note, this weekend is General Conference. If you are interested in wat
ching/ listening go here
I cannot wait to go with questions. I love hearing what the Lord wants the world to hear. 

Tonight in institute we talked about the prophets and why its important to have a prophet. I have been thinking about Light and Darkness. I feel that these two things are very real. Ever since I have put in my papers, it has been harder to hold on to the light. It "seems" like darkness is rolling in. In D&C 21:6, it says that if we follow the prophet, " the Lord God will disperse the powers of darkness from before you, and cause the heavens to shake for your
 good, and his name glory." That is awesome! So listen to conference and have darkness go away! 

Also Conference weekend is awesome for other reasons. I feel like it should be celebrated. 

Friday - Tomorrow
Hair cut
Make pie!
Sallie and Alice are coming into town. 
I have the day off - woot woot!
We are going to the Corn Maize

Saturday
I am sure we will eat something great in the morning.
Conference Session 1
Go out to eat - most likely Yamagatas!
Conference Session 2
Do something
Girls night while boys are going to priesthood

Sunday
Eat good food
Conference Session 3
Pot Luck
Conference Session 4
Fun!

I really do love conference for so many reasons. 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're getting pumped to go. Word on the street is that sisters now get a makeup allowance! Sweet!

    ReplyDelete