Monday, September 13, 2010

Sprinkles on the Floor

Sprinkles on the Floor – August 30, 2010

 

Today was not a fun day. I woke up and it was Monday – which when working a lot, feels like the weekend never occurred. I dragged my bottom out of bed and then began getting ready for work. I was going to leave on time to work. However, while pulling my awesome raisin bran out of the cupboard, I knocked down a glass jar of pink sprinkles – which happen to be my favorite sprinkles. Every time I put them on cookies - it just made me smile. Pink sprinkles, mixed with glass on the floor. It wasn’t a big deal, just had to clean it up....Right?

 

So I ran a little late to work. I made it though web site training, random work, meetings and assignments. Then at two o’clock central time – I freaked out! My wonderful Faculty Mentor sent me an email requesting my data and basically all of my research. At this moment, I realized that it was all my fault. I have not worked on this project for several weeks. I have been so busy with mission prep, work, deciding about boys, and life that I did not take enough time to fulfill this obligation. There was time – there is always time, but it was not a priority. So I promptly emailed him back and told him I would get everything done by this Friday morning. From then on I had a horrible feeling in my stomach. I felt so tense.  I didn’t know what to do. How was I going to get all of these things done?

 

I left work and picked up a Sam to take to Wal-Mart. I needed food. Then there was an insane amount of traffic. Really the worst I have ever seen in Lubbock. Then as I get on Marsha Sharp, we got stuck at one light for like 7 cycles. Sam realizes that we are not getting a left arrow (and you can only turn left on those at this intersection). Traffic is backed up. I didn’t want to call 911 for this, so I called 411. I got a hold of the police department and before I knew it – we had a left arrow. During this hour long car ride, people were driving crazy, and being dumb.

 

While we were waiting in traffic, I felt like a baby. I knew everything would be fine. When have things not turned out fine? Never! Sam, after my complaining, said “its probably Satan.” You know what its Satan. After that realization, things did not get instantly better – my favorite purse broke – random things.

 

After working a little on my project for work – I am feeling better.

 

Life is difficult at moments, but we cannot forget what we have been given. We can feel peace at these times. When we are about to do something wonderful, Satan will make it seem like we have no where to turn, that we are “doomed to sudden destruction.” But, we know that this is how our faith is built. The Lord is with us and we just need to know that he is God and that we can do all things with His help.

 

So at the end of this horrible day – which was not that horrible – I feel like I can get it all done, and that I don’t need to be so melodramatic. After all, what are a couple of sprinkles on the floor worth? Almost nothing.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. It does sound like a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. However, I know that almost every morning, no matter how bad the previous day was, I wake up refreshed and optimistic. Maybe you can, too! Also, my mom reminded me today that I once told her that when I read a conference talk a day I am really happy all the time. I decided I need to get back on that band wagon!

    ReplyDelete