Monday, September 27, 2010

My Mission Call

So yesterday started off very differently than I thought the day I found out where my mission call would start...

I woke up in Junction, TX. I was on a work retreat. 

I knew my call was waiting for me. I held it in my hands on Friday, but I didn't open it. I wanted people I cared about to be there. So I waited...

I left Junction with a car load of students in the mini-van rental :) Drove all morning. I thought I would be back by 2:30 to open the call. Well we were back in town by 2:00. But, because of lots of things we were at the airport at 3:30. So Anna and Levi, my awesome coworkers dropped me off at my house. I had told everyone to go wait at Chief's house. So I met my mom and we drove to Chief's house :)

When I walked in everyone clapped and was excited. I was so nervous. My hands were shaking. 

I opened the envelope and found the packet. I thought that maybe they kept a copy of the call in the packet. So I start reading and realize, I am not reading the right part :) So I look at the packet and realize - I am going to COLORADO!

Then I find the letter and realize that I will be serving in the Denver Colorado South Mission - Spanish speaking! I am so excited. It feels so good to know. I will report to the MTC on December 8, 2010. 

So only a little over 2 months in Lubbock :(/:)

Last night, Chris Weed invited some of us over for Tacos. I had a nice time. I am really going to miss getting together with great friends and just eating and talking. Life is really good and it is going to continue to get better :)

-Hermana Spencer

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited for you! Also, you'll be closer now! If only we could actually visit each other more during that time...

    ReplyDelete