Friday, March 26, 2010

Joy

Main Entry: 1joy
Pronunciation: \ˈjȯi\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French joie, from Latingaudia, plural of gaudium, from gaudēre to rejoice; probably akin to Greek gēthein to rejoice
Date: 13th century

1 a : the emotion evoked by well-being, success, or good fortune or by the prospect of possessing what one desires : delight b : the expression or exhibition of such emotion : gaiety 2 : a state of happiness or felicity : bliss 3 : a source or cause of delight



Institute is awesome. I really feel like a lot of lessons have been there for me to feel better about moving. Today at Friday Forum, we watched Pres. Monson's talk: Finding Joy in the Journey.
Amazing talk. I really have to find joy in the journey that is soon going to happen. I was talking to my roommate last night and said something that I have thought about a lot. Utah is going to be the place I grow up. Its going to be the biggest growing experience thus far. I think its going to have a special place in my heart and I am going to have to learn to find joy in this journey!

Some food for thought:
“You pile up enough tomorrows, and you’ll find you’ve collected a lot of empty yesterdays.”
"Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved."
"If ingratitude be numbered among the serious sins, then gratitude takes its place
among the noblest of virtues."

There are so many things I have been learning in the past couple of weeks.

Last night, we talked about covenants and true conversion. For years I have wanted to help my ward be more unified and have made this an active thing to think about. Yesterday, I finally learned how. We were studying the last of 3rd Nephi and 4th Nephi. Its all ab
ut being truly converted. This means doing all things for the right reasons, l
oving others, and becoming HOLY. When a person does this they are making a differen
ce. This does not mean that everyone around a truly converted person will suddenly be a "zion" like people, but it does mean that people's lives can be touched and th
at there will be more joy.




Joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment