Today was an interesting day.
Highlights of the day:
Went to lunch with new co-workers. I always realize that grown-ups are not as scary as I think they are. I always worry about situations where you have me (young recent college grad) with professionals, talking and eating. But people are really nice and are just people.
I got to hold a baby. Ralph, who works in the lab with me, and his wife had a baby yesterday. His name is Ezra and he is so adorable. I love holding babies because everything your worried about doesn't seem that important. They just make you smile. I really feel like you feel God's love when you hold a baby. Something so new and perfect. It was a definite plus today.
Institute. I love it. I always walk away feeling I can change. That I, Allison Spencer, can change and become better. I always think of what Harvey said at EFY: "The youth love to feel the spirit." But I always change it to "I love to feel the spirit." Institute always leaves me feeling hopeful, happy, with a new sense of purpose, a greater desire to understand the scriptures and wanting to cry a little. I'm glad we have it.
On Saturday for enrichment we made journals and on the front of mine, I put JUMP IN PUDDLES. Yesterday it rained all day. I walked through some big puddles, because of course I can't find my large, purple rain boot (yes singular). After work, I stopped in front of this big puddle and had the giant urge to just jump in it. If I was with someone I probably would have. I have been thinking about puddles. I feel like I'm stuck next to a set of large puddles. I feel like I have to just splash straight into one of them. Puddles are so much like life decisions.
1) You have to make the decision to jump in.
2) They're scary sometimes.
3) When you jump in you get wet.
4) You get a rush of excitement when you take that plunge!
5) Some times someone drives through one and splashes you.
6) Sometimes there is no way around them.
7) Sometimes they leave you with no pleasure just wet feet!
8) Puddles are always better with friends!
9) Most of the time when there is one puddle there are more near by.
10) A lot of the time there are beautiful reflections in them that made you wish there were always puddles near by.
I love when its warm outside and its raining and it feels so great...Random I know
I have a decision this >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>X the distance around the world to make. I know that everything is going to be fine and that I just need to get my feet wet and it will be okay! I can't wait till it will be okay.