Friday, November 4, 2011

Feliz Halloween

Dear Family and Amigos,

Happy Halloween! So just a little about today! We got a new car....a brand new Toyota Carola - RED! We might call him Guapo!
We also went to the Denver Nature and Science Museum and I extracted DNA! It was so much fun. It was nice to feel sciency again. I felt waves of missing science, which was kinda weird. All of our district and a couple of other missionaries went because it is free today. We are totally going there when we come visit my mission. We got to see dinosuars, fossils and birds. I just really liked it. Other missionaries probably thought I was anti-social.....but I just wanted to read the whole time. I loved watching the kids get excited about science. The only bad thing is that we lost the phone at the museum.......dua dua dua!

Hilda and Juan are still progressing. Jonathan their son, was an Elder for Halloween. I just love that kid some much. They are really having a hard time, but it is great to help them develop their faith. I really love it! I really hope that they will get baptized soon. Manuel still has a hard time doing his homework....so we decorated his apartment with reminders.....neon background! Love it! We have seen some great progress in people and also have received alot of referrals from the ward!
On Saturday the ward had its Halloween activity. We had to make a Joseph Smith Room. This last week we got a good amount of snow and it was great for us and not so great for trees. We used a lot of the broken branches to decorate our room. It looked super cool! Kids couldn't get candy from Hna. Romero unless they told us about Joseph Smith. We also had nachos.....with jalapenos (seriously they were delicious)! We had a great time. The Elders in our ward are really great and are helping out alot.

So last week we did the unthinkable! Habenero Challenge! That's right...I ate a whole habenero. We started by playing Jenga with commantments. Who ever knocked down the tower had to eat the habenero first. It was such an intense game of Jenga! You also had to say a commandment to go and when you didn't you had to pull out two pieces. Vivi the recent convert....knocked it down first. So she ate one and it didn't seem to affect her. Then we all decided to do it. Elder Ovalle went first....he is from Mexico/Utah....and he looked like he was going to die. He was punching the table. Then we decided that I was up next. I was so scared. So I put it in my mouth and chewed it up nice and good. It went fine for the first minute and then the hottness set in and I thought I would die! I drank a god two glasses of milk.....but it wouldn't take away the heat. I even had my tongue just sitting in the glass of milk. Elder Lopez was next. He is from Peru and really cant eat anything hot. I thought he might die. He even ran outside and started eating snow. He was also saying he hates Mexico. He was the funniest by far. Next, Hna Romero went and she had pain in her ears. I would totally do it again! It was a lot of fun and I have it all on video. So now I really can eat hot things. Later that night....Elder Lopez had some....problems. Lets just say he had an upset stomach or more. Hna Romero and I were fine.

Romans 12:1-3


 1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

 2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

 3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

This scripture along with Moroni10:33-end really affected me this week. I feel like I need to give up somethings. I want to be able to say to God that I really would give up my "nets" and follow him. I love the scriptures so much. They help me realize how amazing the gospel is. This morning I watched Glen Beck's conversion story and it touched me so much. I love that the Lord is so mindful of us.

I love you all and hope that you enjoy November!

Hermana Spencer

1 comment: