Monday, November 21, 2011

Feliz Dia de Accion de Gracias

Familia y Amigos,

I really almost started typing in Spanish lol.

I am so glad to be writing you today. I am in a different area today....Lakewood with Hna. Thomas. Its exciting and different. Its really weird to be in an area that I don't know with people I don't know. Tomorrow I will head back to beloved Denver 4th! I already miss people. Thursday is P-day and so today feels really weird lol!

So this last week was wonderful! We had some really great lessons. All of our investigators are starting to progress mas y mas! I really can't think in English today. Hilda and her family are doing so wonderful. The other day we talked to the kids about Chastity lol. It was a little funny and then afterwards we went over the questions they will be asked before their baptism. I asked Jonathan about God. He said, "He is the Father of the spirits and loves us and is like Barrack Obama...a leader!" It was so funny! I died laughing! Also, Hilda had a grease fire in her house and the story was just hilarious. She went to the other room to talk to her sister and felt she needed to go back to the kitchen. All of the kids started yelling FIRE! Her sister is sick and doesn't really have her voice and was running screaming....like a man! lol. Hilda did the thing you shouldn't do....put water in it lol. Luckily, it was all taken care of.

Transfers are next week and I am really nervous. Being in a different area today makes me nervous. I have no idea what will happen. None of us do, but I know it will all work out just fine.

So lately, I have felt so wonderful reading my scriptures. I now only read them in Spanish. Sometimes, the words hit my heart so differently. I think of the things that I have learned on my mission is the importance of reading. When people make that decision to read their scriptures, putting God first in their lives...miracles happen. This week we had asked the young women to read every day for 15 minutes. Everyone that did that this week learned something so wonderful from the scriptures. I want more time to read them every day. I feel like I am so hungry to understand them. I love sharing my testimony of the Book of Mormon!

I have also been so blessed to feel God's love lately. Yesterday we sang in church, Hna. Romero and I. The spirit really came. I love anything that invites the Spirit. I feel like God gives us the things we need when we need them. I love seeing people live the gospel.

It is really nice to be with Hna. Thomas. I always feel like shes an old friend I haven't seen for years. She is doing great and has seen a lot of great things here. I really hope that I can serve with her again.

I love you and and LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment