Tuesday, May 17, 2011

In the Middle

Hola! Familia y Amigos!

I hope all is going well with everyone.

My brother and his wife are having a baby! I am just thrilled!
So news from my life! One of the less actives we teach is Hna. Ruiseco! She is amazing! Everyone in the ward has given up on her. We got her to go to church two weeks ago. We went by last week and right before we left she said to us, "Thank you so much for always coming. When you come is the only time we read. The kids love it. When we went to church it was a miracle. Geovani (her youngest child) was having problems in school and at home. After we went to church, he apologized for all the things that he had been doing. Thank you so much." She gave us a big hug. We went by last night and she was so excited to see us. She stopped doing everything and got her family together. That day had been so hard, but after wards all I felt was happiness.

Other news: Another less active, Yazmin, got a calling yesterday. She is the chorister for sacrament meeting. So this week I get to teach her how to do it. Who would have knew that that part of personal progress would come in so handy. I also get to learn how to explain that in Spanish. Her friend Grisel, who is on date for baptism, came to church yesterday for the first time. I wish that I could say it was amazing....it was kinda bad. Both talks were from the stake and so they translated them. One talk started out with  "be fiercely loyal to the prophet." The translators were boring. Now we have to get her to go back. She loves it when she is with us though.

Bridgitte Mozo - she is like one of my favorite people ever. I don't remember if I wrote about her last week, but she is a returned missionary in her 40's. She just makes me laugh so hard. We read a talk about less actives and she was like this is about me. She is just so great and I can tell that she cares about us. We are the only people that ever go to her house.

Hna. Noriega - she is very old. She likes to give huge old woman kisses! (Just so you know I might have kissed hundreds of woman by now - hopefully I won't feel the need to kiss everyone when I get back). She just loves us going by! We read to her.

La Familia Gonzalez - we taught them the ten commandments with Jenga yesterday and the kids and their friends just ate it up. One of the kids Daniel, was like when are you coming back over here.....so yeah - The gospel is just so true.!

I have really been thinking alot about what I am doing lately. This life is not the easiest. Its hard. I love the moments of seeing people happy by what we have taught them. The Lord really does know us personally. He puts things in our life that at times we don't understand, and people that can help us get through these times. I have see that lately. The Lord is using me, sometimes it doesn't seem like I know what to do, but he makes up for a lot of my weaknesses. Its amazing what he can do when we let Him.

I love you all and am glad that you read my email every week!

If I leave on my early date - I will be home in one year! Just so you know....but I think I will be staying for the late date - So June 27!

See ya soon,

Hermana Spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment