Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Hello all!

So it has been an amazing week. But, I am getting transferred! Hermana Day is staying and training. It looks like I am going to Denver! So it should be good. I think (because I am the only one who is getting transferred out of the Hermanas and two are going home) that I will be with Hermana Coughlen, or Hermana Coffee because people can't say her name. We shall see though tomorrow. I am so sad to be leaving I won't even lie. I cried.








We just got back from hiking and it is so windy.
I am attaching some lovely photos! We hiked near the monuments with another set of sisters and a member. It was a lot of fun.

I have to tell you about all of the miracles we have seen...especially in the past three days!

We have been teaching this family since my first week here, the Fraustos. They are a lot of them. Last week we met with two of the daughters and read the Book of Mormon with them. They really enjoyed it! At the end of the lesson, I asked them if they would be baptized when they knew it was true (in broken spanish) and they said yes! It was wonderful. Then on Saturday we met with pretty much the whole family. We sang a song at the beginning and the spirit was there so strong. The youngest girl, 13, had a dream about the church. She saw a church with lots of kids and heard a voice that said that it was true. The mom also knew that the Book of Mormon was true and that the church had to be true because of the way that we dress. Both of us understood why we dressed the way we did to represent Jesus Christ. She recognized us by the way that we looked and also the spirit that we had. Yesterday at church they were supposed to come. I prayed so hard that they would be there. I just had a good feeling that they would come. The sacrament was passed and they still weren't there. The first talk began and they still weren't there. Finally we gave them a call again and we looked out the window and there were 10 people. We had a total of 13 investigators at church.

Also Sonia is getting baptized this Saturday. I am so sad that will not be here. The greenie gets a baptism her first week :)

I have been reading in the Book of Mormon a lot this week. (My computer just got restarted randomly - I love that gmail saves it!) I am near the end of the Book of Mormon. I have been reading alot about the prophecies about the lamanites. Yesterday night we were meeting with Irineo, who is actually Myan. He is a recent convert. But I realized while we were meeting with him that we were part of the prophecy of the Book of Mormon being fulfilled. He speaks 3 different dialects of Myan, Spanish and is learning English. He is an amazing example. Hermana Day also spoke of how he would be a great instrument in bringing many of his people to the truth. I never thought that I would be part of something like this.
 
I am really sad to be leaving the great people here. They really have changed my heart. Every time that I told someone that I am leaving they said why lol - most missionaries stay along time in the branch. I really hope that I get to come back here.

I am not going to have any time to write today because of packing and saying good bye and hiking (that we already did). So I apologize! I am excited to be able to see Denver and Hermana Thomas. I love all of you - please send your mail to the mission home. They forward it really fast!

I love all of you and can't wait to tell you more!

Enjoy the pictures (that makes up for mail right?)

Love,
Hermana Spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment