Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The last week of my first transfer!

Dear Familia y Amigos,

Como estan? I hope all is well where ever you are! We are really busy out here in Colorado. We had a very good week. Nothing super significant happened, but it has been good.

So some information about the Branch! I love the branch. I was looking around yesterday and realized that I pretty much had met with everyone this last week or we have an appointment  with them this week! So I love it. I particularly love a new family we have, la familia Quijano! Hermana Quijano is so amazing. She is going to change our ward. She went out with us this week and she just is such a great example to me. She always goes and talks to people. She is always smiling. So many of our investigators, less actives, and members feel more welcomed because of her. She always talks to as many people as she can. It is evident that she is the kind of person the Lord can use. I love her and I can't wait to see how the branch changes because of her.

Ohh I almost forgot.....you all will be so proud of me! I translated most of Relief Society yesterday! It was a miracle. So the stake RS presidency came yesterday. Since they couldn't speak any Spanish, our RS president asked me to translate for them. And I think I did OK. They didn't get all the details, but they got the jist of what the lesson was on. I am grateful that the Lord helped me with all of that. I have really been struggling with Spanish lately. There have been so many times when I wanted to help people and I just couldn't because I didn't have the words. I know that it continues to get better, but sometimes I just want to give up because it never seems like I will be able to understand and communicate my personality and my thoughts. I know that these are lies....duh. Some people are starting to notice more, how little I understand at times :( But it does get better every day! So yes a miracle occurred in the Grand Junction Mt. Garfield Branch Relief Society!

So we are reading the Book of Mormon as a mission. I am in 3rd Nephi right now. I am so amazed at how simple the gospel is. I read Ch 11 this morning when Christ is talking about baptism and also His doctrine. I was so amazed by the love that our Father showed and also the love that Christ showed to the people. I am just falling in love more and more with the Book of Mormon.

So Grand Junction is having amazing weather. I didn't wear tights for the first time yesterday! It was so amazing. I felt so free! So its time to put away my winter clothing. I am just fine with that. Next week we are planning on going hiking. That should be alot of fun! Yay! Also transfers are coming up. We get the calls on Wednesday about training and then Saturday for everyone else. So we will see if I am going to staying and who my companion will be. I really hope that I get to stay. I really love the people here and really think that I can help the Branch become better and stronger. So next Monday I will let all of you know.

So other news! I am amazed at how all people are the same. We all have our difficulties and we all have something to contribute to the world. Our RS president amazes me. She is poor. She has 6 kids. One is a brand new baby and the oldest is 13. Her husband is the EQ president as well and they just work. I can tell that they love the Lord and they want to work hard. The other day we stoped by her house to talk about an idea we had. She was cleaning her house and just talked to us normally. As the conversation went on she talked about she was feeling inadequate with everything. We had just had a RS activity the night before and it was great. She said she wishes that she was more spiritual like so and so. I was thinking at this time - my how wonderful you are. I was so very grateful for this opportunity to talk about how to strengthen herself and how she was a wonderful person and a spiritual person. I was struggling with the same things at that moment. With my calling as a missionary, Spanish and just feeling inadequate. And I was reminded by my words and by the words of my companion, that Satan really trys to make us not feel our worth and how wonderful we are. I know that we all feel this way sometimes. I was so surprised to hear this wonderful sister say these things and also so grateful that I was able to help. I am so glad that we went over to talk to her. Many times I wonder if we as missionaries really do anything and this week I just knew that we did. That we were making a difference.

So the Elders. We are working on improving our relationship with them. Most of the Elders here really don't like talking to us and I have no idea why. They act like they are scared of us.

So things are going good on this side of the mountains. I even have been teaching people to sing primary songs. If we stay here, we are singing at another baptism! Who would have ever thought people would think I could sing well. I think that the Lord really does help us to sound better!

Well all I love you and I wish I had a good funny story! I will try to remember them more! I can't wait to hear from all of you - especially those who have never written me!

Muchos Gracias for all the mail!

Love,
Your Favorite Hermana

P.S. I keep thinking that everyone is just going to be married with 5 children when I get back. Weird. I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment