Thursday, September 13, 2012

Motivation

So as of late, I have felt little purpose in my life. I have a great family and wonderful friends, but feel a great emptiness.

This probably has something to do with having a very specific purpose, being completely busy and then coming home to a life of unknowns.

I also feel so unsure of who I am as a person. Before my mission and during it, I usually felt confident in knowing what I was doing - THE PLAN FOR THE LIFE OF ALLISON SPENCER- and in who I was. (Obviously this was not 100% true all of the time - I am a woman) Now I am having some sort of identity crisis and am having a period of lack of motivation.
mo·ti·va·tion  (mt-vshn)
n.
1.
a. The act or process of motivating.
b. The state of being motivated.
2. Something that motivates; an inducement or incentive.

motivation [ˌməʊtɪˈveɪʃən]
n
1. the act or an instance of motivating
2. desire to do; interest or drive
3. incentive or inducement
4. (Psychology) Psychol the process that arouses, sustains and regulates human and animal behaviour
motivational  adj
motivative  adj
 
 Yeah all of that above is something I lack in large quantities.

So in order to add more excitement to my life, I am making goals. Many people choose to create bucket lists for their lives - but mine is for the next 10 months! I am hoping that this will add more purpose to my day to day life, an added sense of anticipation and some happiness!

Zombie Allison - Thanks Garrett

 Maybe zombies would help motivate me..................

1 comment:

  1. That sounds so familiar! I had about 6 months between my mission and the start of school. Then, I had about 9 months between finishing my bachelor's degree and starting my master's. It is definitely hard to stay motivated. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete