Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Hermana Spencer's Wonderful Week

This week has been full of miracles!

Spanish is so great! It is still hard but I can definately teach so much more this week. My comp and I have been striving to learn alot of espanol this week. I am so grateful that I took latin. It finally has a purpose. I can understand the grammer of spanish so much better because of it. We have had many subs this last week because of the holidays. So we have learned alot of different things this week. I love learning so much. I have seen that when I am more obidient (staying on task, giong to bed exactly at 10:30, etc.) I am able to learn so much better. I have seen the blessing of serving a mission already.

I have seen amazing things happen with my spanish this week. My comp and I on Friday or Saturday bore our testimonies to a native spanish speaker and she understood us. I also bore my testimony in complete spanish on Sunday in sacrament meeting. It was so powerful. I could actually feel the power of those words in that language. Miraculous things are happening here in Provo!

It has been a rewarding week. The devotionals and talks we have heard have been amazing. I can't even begin to describe the feelings in my heart. The gospel is changing me. I don't think that I have learned alot of new facts but I have felt a greater understanding about everything. The Plan of Happiness is so amazing. I am only begining to understand how wonderful it is that Heavenly Father provided us with a Savior. I can see why we need to let the world know about these things. I love the gospel so much. I wish that I could even articulate the way I feel about this!

This morning we had the opportunity to go to the temple (it has been three weeks - such a long time). It is always so hard to stay awake because it is the only time when I am not moving around :) However it was so amazing this morning. I had such a powerful time. Afterwards many of us Hermana's spent some time relflecting. It was so great and wonderful.

I wish that I could remember everything from this week. Ohh New Years! Like normal "Hermana Spencer" style, I threw a party. We had 15 Hermanas come to our room and eat and play a game. It was so great. I really felt like a normal person on a Friday night...until quiet time and then we all got ready for bed. We had such a great time. We are planning on spending every Friday night there.

4 of the Hermanas left this week - it was so weird. I loved them. I wish that we could all be together always. It is great to see them leaving though. I really wish that everyone could see the MTC. It is a great place, but I am excited to go to Denver.

Ohh Funny Story: There is a box that people but things in when they leave. Hermana Cocina (Kitchen) and I always go looking in it. I was trying to describe what we were and she decided we were pirates. So we call this our "booty" lol. Hermana Kitchen loves to write stories (she actually reminds me of Melanie :) ) She is writing a little blurb about our bathroom. We have four stalls. #1 has no door.  #2 squirts water at you. #3 Is the one every one fights over. #4 always gets clogged. It is just funny to us and probably sounds boring to all of you.

I love you all so much. The gospel is so great! The Book of Mormon is so amazing. I really think that everyone should take time to reflect apon it. I have felt its power these past couple of weeks and I don't think that it is just because I am a missionary.

Thank you for all of your letters!

A couple of shout outs:
Kayla : thank you for the package! I loved it! i really needed the lip gloss.
Zac! You are awesome - I'm praying for you!
Katie - I love you so much and wish I could see your face with that huge smile!

I hate that I have to go! I love you all. Please write - they bring so much sunshine to my days!

Your Favorite Missionary,
Hermana Spencer

1 comment:

  1. Allison...you should know that toilet humor is a lot of things, but it's never boring! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete