Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Maynksgiving

Mankysgiving! A blessed day. A day to give thanks for May and.....more importantly an excuse to eat! I really enjoyed it.

Saturday night I made homemade rolls. It was a lot of fun. Then I worked on the turkey! I was getting really worried because it wasn't thawed! So I decided to give some time overnight.

I woke up early on Sunday and it was still somewhat frozen. I eventually got the neck out and let water run inside the turkey. I then stuffed it with garlic, onions, apples, lemon juice and rosemary. I then covered it in butter, salt, and pepper. It was delicious.

We ate at Kayla's house. Everyone brought great things. We had almost 30 people. It was a great event! Ashish came!



Doesn't that turkey look awesome! I was so proud of it. It even tasted great.

I had a great time. I really do enjoy hanging out with people and eating. I even wonder sometimes if culinary school would suit me!

I am now sitting in the same spot I sat in at the Albuquerque airport two months ago. I am really glad that it has free internet!

I am on the way to the Great Salt Lake! Jenny Jo is picking me up and we are going to make dinner for the Veatchs! I am so excited. Then off to help with my lil' sister's wedding this weekend!

Ohh and I woke up smiling today!

THE END

2 comments:

  1. hey guess what!?!?!

    i am getting married in approximately 3 days 14 hours and 3 minutes... i will be getting married!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are smiling! Can't wait to see pictures from your weekend in Utah!

    And....I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU NEXT WEEK!

    ReplyDelete