Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sunday with a Cherry on Top

Today was a good day...just flat out good. 

I woke up late lol unintentionally...and made a delicious breakfast. 
Got ready for church and prepared my lesson. 

My lesson was about the Sacrament. I really do love the new gospel principles manual. I love that the lessons are short focused and full of true doctrine. Its amazing what the spirit can teach you by reading those lessons. 

A cool insight I had today was about the savior. Here are some scriptures in Ch. 26 of Matthew.

Verse 39) And he went a little further, and feel on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.

Verse 42) He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done.

The thought struck me, the Savior prayed if it be possible let this cup pass from me...So basically He asked Heavenly Father to take it away if it was His will. Then being the wise son of God He is, He knew that He had to drink the cup in order for the cup to pass. How wise He is.

Sometimes, its the Lord's will that we go through things. And a lot of times we will pray that they go away. The truth of this is that our trial are for our benefit and that we have to go through them. Many times thats how we HAVE to learn lessons. 

In these scriptures, the Savior set a way to go through these trials. 

I just really enjoyed this sudden realization. 

Like I said today was a good day. I love church and the way it helps me feel like I can do it! Most days its I think I can....Sundays help me say I know I can.


Here is the Battle Hymn of the Republic (Listen to the last verse! I really love the words!)




No comments:

Post a Comment