Wednesday, September 14, 2011

9/12 Mustard Yellow

Dear Loving Family and Wonderful Friends,

It has only been two days since I emailed last....so I don't have tons to say, but don't worry it will be a good email.

I have hit my 9 month mark on the mission. I can't believe time is going by so fast. I really wish that I could be here for longer. I feel like I have SO MUCH to learn. I guess that is just how things work. I am just really trying to work hard and have no regrets.

So our ward activity was FANTASTIC! We had so many members, less actives, investigators and random people there. It was incredible. I loved it. The food was great. We gave out a couple of Book of Mormons and also pamphlets and got some referrals....which are a missionaries best friend. However...they all live in the NORTH MISSION! One of them is from Mexico and practically all of her family are members. I asked her why she wasn't and she said she didn't know. She really is so excited to meet with us....but she lives less than half a  mile outside the mission.

We should be having a baptism really soon. We have found some really great people lately. We met this lady Thelma. She has two kids and the lesson we had with them was superb! This last week without Hna. Coughlen has been different, but so GREAT for me. I feel more confidence and it has made me rely on the Lord more for guidance. I really hope I get to stay in the area a little longer, but if I stay any longer I will have been here for 9 months and that is a really long time.

So random things:
We have so much fun teaching people English.
I love knocking.....I don't like it when we start, but I always love it by the end.
Yesterday we taught the youth about mormon.org and it was amazing. We watched this video about a scientist and it made me miss lab work. I almost cried. Who knows if I will ever do that again.
Today I found one of the cutest yellow jackets ever.....and it was half off at a thrift store! (Future Sister Missionaries....go to thrift stores. They are the best).
I have started working out hard core (meaning some days I can barely walk lol). Every morning I say I don't want to do it...but I always survive.
My Spanish is improving...everyone says so. Saturday after the activity, the Bishop told us that he forgot to assign people to talk (he dropped his daughter off at college last week), and asked if we could talk. So I prepared for 15 minutes and gave a talk in Spanish. A couple of months ago that would not be possible.
Also this week we are eating salads.....its not that bad especially because people fry almost everything for dinner.
I love the Book of Mormon more than anything in the world! It really is changing my life. It can change yours too!
Sometimes the elders make me go crazy!
I am training at district meeting this week over charity, bearing a powerful testimony and also not getting discouraged....we will have to see how to tie those in together.

So everything is super great here! I love you all!

Love,
Hermana Spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment