Monday, July 11, 2011

I love you all!

Dear Family and Friends,

This week has been really crazy and good. I want to tell you how much I love being a missionary. I wish I could say that every day wasn't a struggle, but it still is changing me and allowing me to help others. We have two new people on date Juana and Armando! We are really excited about them. I want to tell you about Hermana Ruiseco...I have mentioned her before.

The other night we went over there to visit. She told us about a crazy story involving domestic violence. I can't describe the way I feel about her. I only want what is best for her. I want her to be happy. I told her that the other night and she said I know. She said, " I know you all are always here for me." Then me...being me said, "We are not always going to be here." She told us there is always the phone and always mail. She says every time that she sees us, she feels she can do it just a little longer. She always listens to the things we tell her to do. That woman has made me want to be better. I will be going to her house for my birthday :)

Maria Mercedes....The other night we went to visit her. Her husband is in jail and will probably be deported. She has no family here and she works cleaning hotels over 10 hours every day. She wants to be strong. The other night she sobbed in front of us. She doesn't want her kids to know, but they feel it. She just doesn't know what to do, the only thing she knows is she doesn't want to go back to Mexico. Sometimes we feel so inadequate to help these people....but the thing that I have learned is that the gospel can help anyone!

The 4th! I celebrated with a lot of people who are not citizens :) I loved it. The ward had an activity. They played soccer and ate :) Hna Salazar was making hand made tortillas in the park! The food was great like usual. I spent most of the day playing Frisbee with little kids. It was great. I loved it. We spent a lot of time there and then did the things we needed to do. We had to be in early so we only really went to dinner. Tomorrow we get to go to the temple and I am so excited. I love the temple so much.

So last Tuesday we stopped by a newer investigators house. They sell fruit and some veggies. We were sitting in the back yard and the lady comes out with some corn.....covered in mayo and cheese. It was so funny. We were already full from dinner. She didn't even ask us if we wanted it. Hna. Coughlen hates mayo.....They gave us some toilet paper because they didn't have any napkins...so we tried to wipe it off secretly. Her sister was also there. La Hermana made everyone eat that corn on the cob. I tried to take my time. I finished and then she came out with another one....I just said no! NO PUEDO! All of us said no...and we just ended up passing on this corn that no one wanted. It was so hilarious. They were all laughing. I will send some pictures soon!

My birthday is next week...in case you have forgotten :) Transfers are on the 26th. So if you are worried about anything getting here in time...send it to the mission office!



I love you all. Thank you for helping me to be a great missionary!

Love,
Hermana Spencer

P.S. I wasn't able to write anyone yesterday....sorry I hope this will tie you over :)

No comments:

Post a Comment