Friday, December 9, 2011

Snow, Puzzles, and 1 Year

Dear Family and Friends,

This last week was insane. We had transfers which were really great. I love hearing the testimonies of the missionaries that are going home. I can see that the mission really has changed them. I only have 5 transfers left in the mission....this is crazy.

So on Saturday, I hit my one year mark since I was set apart as a missionary. This year has gone faster than any other year in my life. I am so grateful that I am here.

This last week my companion was sick and we spent a lot of time at the apartment. She was super sick! It started on Tuesday and is still not quite over. At night, I went out with members and left her at a members house. It was wonderful going out with the bishops wife. I learned so much from her. She just told me so much about her life and the gospel. She accepted it with her whole heart and you can see the testimony of obedience in her. I was very touched by everything she said. She has had hard times. I really feel like that is the only way you can gain a testimony. Yesterday, when I was out with her we went to see Hilda and Juan. Yesterday, they did not go to church (it was the first time they haven't gone since I have known them). Hilda is having a hard time. Satan is working really hard on them. Juan left for work when we got there and shortly there after, came back. He just lost his job. The only way I can describe how I felt is, I felt like they were my children and they were suffering and there was nothing I could do to help them. My heart broke. Juan's eyes were filled with despair. The bishop's wife helped me. She said that they have to gain their own testimony. It has to be hard so they can trust Him. They are really important to Heavenly Father. Satan is just working really hard. Their faith is being tested and he will probably find a better job. We invited them to the baptism of an 8 year girl that was going to happen right after.

We went to the baptism....to be honest I was a little down....and guess what I saw!?!?!?! THE MANCERA FAMILY - SO if you remember we were teaching this awesome family that was super ready to get baptized but them had to move. Well they were there meeting with the bishop of the other Spanish ward. My heart swelled with so much happiness. They were so happy to see me. The husband and older son almost hugged me....I had to refuse very strongly lol. They are doing so great. They have remembered the things that we taught them! They are going to get baptized and will be married very soon! I probably get to go because they will do it in our church building. Seriously best thing ever!

Also, it has snowed so much lately. It snowed Saturday and yesterday. We were eating dinner (Mexican bread and hot chocolate together are the best just so you know) and we got a text from our zone leaders saying that we needed to park the cars. We looked outside and three inches had fallen since we started eating. It was super hard to get home. It is supposed to get below 0. Hello Winter! I just worry about what will happen if we cannot drive. Our area is so big! I guess we will knock.

So being at home as a missionary is really hard. Luckily I found a puzzle under the sink. It really helped me. I thought I would go crazy. I also cleaned and read a lot. Also, lets just say that I would be fine if we never watched any of the church videos again lol.

Tomorrow is Zone Conference and a member of the 70 is coming. So it should be super great!

This week I also hit a year mark of entering the MTC! This year has been incredible.

I love you all and hope that you are all warm where ever you are!

Love,

Hermana Spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment